Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 14:35:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <bowden@cs.odu.edu>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Marty Leisner <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>, Craig Shaver <craig@progroup.com>
Subject:   Re: Opinions? NT VS UNIX, NT SUCKS SOMETIMES

On Sat, 20 Jul 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> >  NT is not a bad OS, it's not
> >my prefered OS.  It reminds me of NeXT in serious way : better hope your
> >GUI doesn't ever get screwed, cause if it does, so do you.

> Well, I've had XFree86 crash or hang my NetBSD machine more than once,
> so I guess that goes for a lot of systems... ;-)

Um, no....I can boot my freebsd, netbsd, solaris, irix, etc. box to a
usable command line.  NT has a command line, but you can't boot to it (if
memory is correct), and neither does NeXT.  NeXT is kinda neat.  Except
for that whole 'GUI, GUI, and nothing but GUI' thing.

Jamie

I have my finger on the pulse of the planet.