Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 23:52:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        Parker Brown <phbrown@gte.net>
Cc:        support@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cleaning up wierd system messages to root

> something like "/kernel: cmd XF86-SVGA --- tried to use non-present
> SYSVSHM" show up on root's screen.  That blow's systat's whole screen
> (ok, no biggie) but I'm enough of a perfectionist to want to know what's
> wrong.  SYSVSHM refers to System V Shared Memory, I guess.  I think this
> only happens with my reconfigured kernel, and I know of nothing that
> I've omitted there.
>
> Please give jme some suggestions where to look so I can clean my system
> up.

I think everything you need can be found in LINT. It seems to have worked
for me.
Jonathan Fosburgh, wotan@scientist.com , University of Houston Geophysics
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1498

FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations
http://www.freebsd.org
                     We shall not cease from exploration,
                And the end of our exploring shall be to arrive
            Where we started from, and know the place for the first time.
                       --T.S. Eliot, The Four Quartets