Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 2020 01:37:09 +0600
From:      Muhammad Moinur Rahman <bofh@freebsd.org>
To:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using pkg in documentation

What is the way of mentioning about installing a py-package in =
documentation? Let=E2=80=99s say now the default version of python is =
3.7 so in most of the cases we can write in our documentation that do =
the following:
# pkg install py37-babel

But when the default version of python is changed this is no longer =
going to work if it doesn=E2=80=99t have all flavors. Then there are =
cases when we mention about porting and installation howto on upstream =
and we need to update this regularly with every change of =
DEFAULT_VERSIONS in python.

So is there any way to pass PYTHON_DEFAULT with pkg install? One option =
that I have thought about is pkg install -g py3\*-babel; but again once =
when python 4 (forgive my brevity 3:)) is going to release this changes. =
And I believe this is the same case for php too.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Moin=