Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 08:44:13 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OSS

> What is the current state of the Open Sound System port to FreeBSD?

They'll be selling binaries as soon as 2.2 is released, then 6-9 months after,
the source will be made available to the FreeBSD people. That's what they told
me the last time I looked anyway. I'm considering hacking in support for the
mmaping of DMA buffers and the GETCAPS ioctl into -currents driver, which
after a couple of tweaks to the Linux emulation, would allow Quake sound to be
audible.

	Stephen
--
The views expressed above are not those of the Worker's Compensation Board of
Queensland, Australia.