Date:      Tue, 29 May 2012 16:00:21 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        "Edwin L. Culp W." <edwinlculp@gmail.com>
Cc:        chromium@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Seems like Chrome is having an issue with SSE3 (not? clang)

"Edwin L. Culp W." <edwinlculp@gmail.com> writes:

> Seems like Chrome is having an issue with clang.  It starts with the
> following errors:
>
>   CC(target)
> out/Release/obj.target/skia_libtess/third_party/skia/third_party/glu/libtess/tess.o
> In file included from
> third_party/skia/src/opts/SkBitmapProcState_opts_SSSE3.cpp:8:
> /usr/include/clang/3.1/tmmintrin.h:28:2: error: "SSSE3 instruction set not
> enabled"
> #error "SSSE3 instruction set not enabled"
>  ^
>   CC(target)

I don't think it's clang; I'm getting the same thing under (I think) gcc
4.6. It seems like some SSE3-related flag isn't being set, but I don't
have time to look at it more closely at the moment.  I think this is
related to the latest update, since SSE3 became required in that
update. I *do* have SSE3 -- some of the early amd64 chips didn't, but
most do, and mine reports that it does.