Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 13:47:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Woody Carey <wcarey@wcarey.com>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Working with OpenGL under FreeBSD.

Hi Ariel,

If you do an 'ls' for the file, is it there?

It appears as though the include path you are specifying in your
build script is '/usr/X11R6/lib'.  If /usr/X11R6/lib/GL/glut.h
does not exist, then the compiler will complain.  Add another -L flag
to point to the location of the GL includes on your system.

Does Mesa  (OpenGL clone) name itself 'GL' when you install it?

I was not aware of there being a true native OpenGL library on FreeBSD.
How did you install OpenGL on your FreeBSD box? Mesa port?

Regards,

Woody Carey