Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:07:50 +0400
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        Michael Scheidell <scheidell@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INDEX build failed for 7.x

Michael Scheidell wrote on 30.03.2012 14:41:

> On 3/30/12 6:12 AM, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:
>> I believe you do not need an approval to fix things you broke. :)
> figured as much, but I didn't 'break' the master port, I wasn't
> committer.. in theory, eadler did by not considering the CONFLICTS.
> (don't blame him, but I wish I had seen his commit, and wish he would
> have followed through and taken the slaves)
>
> but, on to this port.
> silly slaves insist on lazarus-0.9.30 as their version, and I am trying
> things like PKGPREFIX, and the like to try to get it to change the
> PORTVERSION/NAME/ index.
>
> how do I see what it would use as INDEX name?

To be honest, I'm not sure how to do this correctly, since I didn't
faced with the slave ports yet. But I'd check an existing ports tree for
examples and asked more experienced committers on #bsdports. As I
understand you always can check if all is ok with an INDEX with `make

> (its 6:30 am, sun isn't up, haven't made coffee yet, hello there in
> russia. on a side note, I remember how thrilling it was in '94 to get
> emails from people with .ru email addresses when working on *BSD code
> for QNX. it was nice to see that engineers could cooperate, even then
> politicians could not.)
> can we tell jokes in ports@? or do I need to put it in my sig?

I believe there is nothing criminal when it's in context :). (this one
not in the case)

> we joke that politicians has its root in two words. poly, meaning many,
> and ticks, meaning little blood sucking insects. So, politicians means
> many little blood sucking insects.

Old, but good one.

--
Regards,