Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 2016 17:32:56 +0000
From:      Miguel C <miguelmclara@gmail.com>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pwcview and cheese - Device not configured / Invalid argument erros

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
wrote:

> On 02/24/16 00:58, Miguel C wrote:
>
>> I just noticed the last messages were never CC'ed to the list
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Otac=C3=ADlio <otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br=
>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Miguel, I have noted that on my system, sometime I get a file not found
>>> error, like your problem. So, I unplugged the webcam and plug it again
>>> and
>>> it works. It is no frequently but occurs. Your camera is fixed or you c=
an
>>> try something like this?
>>>

>> Nah its fixed :P
>>
>> Its an acer ultrabook, the devices is conencted as a usb but its not lik=
>> can plug it of  unless I remove the LCD or something :P
>>
>> I was jsut think that this might be driver related, which seems to be uv=
c:

>> % v4l2-dbg -D
>> Driver info:
>>          Driver name   : uvcvideo
>>          Card type     : 1.3M HD WebCam
>>          Bus info      : usb-/dev/usb-/dev/usb
>>          Driver version: 2.6.38
>>          Capabilities  : 0x84200001
>>                  Video Capture
>>                  Streaming
>>                  Extended Pix Format
>>                  Device Capabilities
>>
>> maybe its a bug in the driver that presenting something unexpected to
>> /dev/video, I was just tried with ffpmeg, recompiled with v4l support an=
>> get the same error using -i /dev/video
>>
>> [video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0x80ac6f000] ioctl(VIDIOC_STREAMON): Device not
>> configured
>> /dev/video0: Device not configured
>>

> Hi,
>
> Can you try to get a newer version of webcamd:
>
> pkg install -f webcamd

This would just reinstall the one I already have (cause I do have the
latest version from ports), but in any case I did try to reinstall and
recompile a few times.

> Need to run the command below to make webamd re-attach.
>
> Further, try "usbconfig -d ugenX.1 reset", where X is the bus number for
> your webcam device.

Tried that too, I need to restart webcamd after doing it, but it still gets
me the same result.

> Else it is possible to compile webcamd with debugging on, and run it in
> the foreground to see what the error is about.

I was assuming it was a driver or permissions issue, but its certainly a
good idea to see if I get any debug info from webcamd, recompiling with
DEBUG on.

FYI today even cheese fails with:
"cheese:18761): cheese-WARNING **: Device '/dev/video0' is busy:
gstv4l2object.c(3267): gst_v4l2_object_set_format_full ():
/GstCameraBin:camerabin/GstWrapperCameraBinSrc:camera_source/GstBin:bin35/G=
stV4l2Src:v4l2src1:
"

This is after restarting and I have not upgrade kernel/userland since I've
noticed this issue so that's strange.