Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 13:45:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/100+

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Karl Pielorz wrote:

> Vincent Poy wrote:
>
> > >   Uhh... there are man pages for all this stuff.  This also belongs on
> > > freebsd-questions, not freebsd-stable
> > >
> > >   Something like "ifconfig de0 media 100BaseTX"
> > >
> > >   Add "...mediaopt full-duplex" for highest performance.
> >
> >         I read the man for ifconfig before and it doesn't really give the
> > choices for options.
> >
> > It just says:
> >
> > Refer to the interfaces' driver
> >              specific documentation or man page for a complete list of the
> >              available types.
>
> Have you done a 'man fxp' - to see all the options then? :-) - All the 10/100
> & Full duplex options are documented there...

	Yep, I did... :-)  My fxp cards work fine.  It's just the rl0 and
de0 cards that are 10/100 but it keeps going to 10baseT even when the hub
is a 100baseT only hub so I can't figure out what the problem is.  It's a
customers machine colocated so I can't just stick in a Intel. =)

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]