Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 1995 16:29:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@eng.umd.edu>
To:        "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" <ugen@latte.worldbank.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is where...

On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, Ugen J.S.Antsilevich wrote:

> Hi guys..sorta lame question but forgive me, i was out of business for
> so long:
>
> so i c the last released version was 2.0.5
> -stable = 2.1.0
> -current = 2.2.0 (???)
>
>  So if i am going to write something and i want it into 2.1.0 release
> i should put it into stable? OR there is not any development on stable?
> If there is what's the policy of commits etc...?
>  If i put something in 2.2.0 (suppose for a minute, it works :^))) it is
> going to be only there, right?

Way I understand it, the idea is no new functionality in 2.1 (STABLE),
just bug fixes.  I think it's been violated, but only for stuff that's
gone thru testing by sitting in 2.2 (CURRENT) for awhile, and even then,
there's some argument.  The idea is for the 2.1 release to approach the
kind of reputation for reliability that our old, revered 1.1.5.1 release
has.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |