Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:46:34 +1300
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Project Status

Thanks Peter,

Decided to have a go at this today.
The initial cd boot and tar steps went very smoothly. I copied the
loader onto a small HFS partition attempted to reboot :

o> boot hd:,\boot\loader
ok> set currdev=hd:11
ok> set hw.syscons.disable=1
ok> boot -s
panic: free: guard1 fail @:0x7f20 from
/mnt/home/freebsd/freefall/src/sys/boot/common/devopen.c: 0x3a

The relevant part of the drive geometry is :

1 APPLE ad0s11 253125838868 512 i 10  o 722210816 n Unreserved 1 ty
Apple_UNIX_SVR2

So it *looks* like I am trying to boot the correct partition...and the
filesystem on the partition seems ok (can mount and read it - when
booted from the cd)

any ideas?

regards

Mark