Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:01:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Peter Buckingham <pbuckingham@Lnxw.COM>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD and HP Pavilion computers

did you get CDs?

I was going to try reinstall the Windows in a virtual partition
for VMware but as they give you a the software distribution
in a "recovery partition" on the disk instead of on CDs
that becomes hard(er).

Also whan IO put on the BSD boot manager it booted directly to 'recovery
mode' instead of to BSD. It then wanted to
recreate the original (BIG) ntfs partition instead of
living with the BSD partiton  and smaller ntfs partition I replaced
it with..  I'm still experimenting with it though..

It's a Pavilion 512-N

also any idea what type the ethernet card is.. BSD 4.4 didn't see it
that's for sure..