Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:18:21 +0100 (CET)
From:      Herve Quiroz <hquiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Draft for first bsd.java.mk document

Don't you think there should also be a JAVA_LIBS (or whataever it is
called) variable set after having computed USE_JAVA that points to the
prefix directory where lib jars are to be stored.

This is quite an issue for me because I get tired of looking for all the
jars to include in my classpath in different locations. With the use of
JAVA_LIBS, you can use JAVA_LIBS in the makefiles from your own
development.

Also maybe we should recommend from ports maintainer that each jar in the
JAVA_LIBS directory be named $PORTNAME-$PORTVERSION.jar and all
port-related docs be in $PREFIX/share/doc/$PORTNAME-$PORTVERSION and API
doc in $PREFIX/share/doc/$PORTNAME-$PORTVERSION/{api|javadoc}

BTW, did you have some feedback from the people in charge of FreeBSD ports
regarding your proposal ?

Herv=E9