Date:      Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:41:00 -0500
From:      "Peter G. Brown" <pbrown@beasleyfoodservice.com>
To:        dinoex@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: vsftpd-2.0.3

Hello,

FreeBSD 5.4
Dell Poweredge 2300 / 700 Dual Processor

I proceeded to make install clean the above package. Set up the
vsftpd.conf file (in /usr/local/etc/) and everything is working if I
start it with /usr/local/libexec/vsftpd &. The problem I am having is I
want it to start automatically at start up. I tried:

1. Enabled vsftpd_enable="YES" in rc.conf
2. Copied and chmod +x vsftpd.sh in /usr/ports/ftp/vsftpd/files/ to
/usr/local/etc/rc.d so vsftpd server would start on startup - does not.

The message I get is .: Can't open %%RC_SUBR%%: No such file or directory.

Checking the internet I changed the %%RC_SUBR%% line to read
./etc/rc.subr and got

cat: %%PREFIX%%/etc/vsftpd.conf: No such file or directory

Corrected that to /usr/local/etc and got

set_rcvar: not found
load_rc_config: not fond
err: not found
run_rc_command: not found