Date:      Wed, 6 Jul 2005 02:17:14 +0200
From:      Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Python distutils vs. libtool

Hi,

I am in the process of adding a new port. The code is in python and uses
python's distutils to configure and install. I am using

USE_PYDISTUTILS=        yes

for this and indeed the configure and build go alright.

But then, upom the install stage it uses "libtool" which should in our case be
libtool13 or libtool15 or which ever we have (provided it works). However,
when adding

USE_LIBTOOL_VER=       15

or so (must search for the one(s) installed in the Makefile I guess) it croaks
already at configure stage. Seems to ignore using distutils (says there's no
configure) at all in that case, even if I put it in post-configure or
pre-install.

How can I solve this? Ideally in a PREFIX respecting way. Or is distutils
support not as complete as I thought. Then I better see if I can fix that. It
looks alright and complete AFAICT though.

(the software in question is @:
http://www.simonzone.com/software/pykdeextensions and I intend to put it
under ports/develop -- needs py-qt and py-kde).

Thanks,

Dan