Date:      30 Dec 2002 23:43:00 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Gene Harris (e-mail)" <geneh@tetronsoftware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem Compiling libbonoboui

--=-dvGY2UZP/Ypikz3Jctus

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 22:40, Gene Harris (e-mail) wrote:
> I am attempting to compile gnome2 from the freebsd-ports collection, whic=
h I=20
> cvsup'ed on 12/30/2002 at about 9 AM CST.  I am dying on libbonoboui.  It=
=20
> appears that bonobo-dock.c doesn't want to compile.  I've made sure that =
any=20
> gnome 1 cruft is deleted from /usr/local/include, and I've used libchk to=
=20
> clean out my old gnome related libraries.  I've deinstalling/reinstalling=
 low=20
> level components like gtk-2.0, pango, glib-2.0, etc.  However, nothing ge=
ts=20
> me around this compile error.
>=20
> If anyone can shed some light on this issue, I would greatly appreciate i=
t.

Chances are you have some old include directories lying around.  Check
/usr/local/include for a bonobo directory, or a libbonobo.h file.  If
either exist, remove them.  The only bonobo directory should be in
/usr/local/include/libbonobo-2.0/bonobo.  Check /usr/X11R6/include for
the same thing.  The only bonobo directory there should be in
/usr/X11R6/include/gnome-1.0 (if it exists at all).

And, while I'm sure headers are in fact your problem, you should always
try compiling ports with default optimizations (i.e. -O -pipe) before
reporting any problems.

Joe

--=20

--=-dvGY2UZP/Ypikz3Jctus