Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2006 14:13:59 -0500
From:      "Pendergrass, James A." <James.Pendergrass@jhuapl.edu>
To:        <trustedbsd-discuss@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   DSEP 20060213, SEDarwin Module

Hello,
I just learned of the SEDarwin project at the SELinux symposium last =
week, and I thought I'd try to get involved in =
development/testing/whatever is needed.
I've set up a test machine and downloaded/built the DSEP 20060213 =
tarball available from the SEDarwin page of the SEBSD site. =20

But the SEDarwin module won't build.  There are many errors in the =
sebsd.c file,  mostly relating to dereferencing incomplete structures =
types.  It looks like a number of structs (like struct proc, and struct =
mount and others) have been made opaque in the transition from 10.3.x to =
10.4.x and the MacFramework/SEDarwin code has not been updated to expose =
accessors to relevant members of these structures. =20

I'm new to XNU kernel programming so this is really just a guess based =
on the error messages.  Can someone verify that this is indeed the =
problem?  Also,  would it be helpful to the community for me to devote =
some energy into fixing this breakage, or is someone else already on top =
of it?  I tried checking out the CVSup repository, but it seems woefully =
out of date.  In general,  I would like to know what is available for me =
to work on that would be of use to the rest of the community. =20

Thanks,
J. Aaron Pendergrass