Date:      Fri, 6 May 2005 13:02:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash@ocis.net>
To:        "Eliot Earle" <sfromley@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with Perl Version

> Paul Schmehl wrote:

>> And don't forget to recompile *every* perl port you previously
>> installed.

> I'd deinstall perl. Forcibly if needed.

> Then I'd install it fresh, and reinstall everything that used to use
> the old perl, using something like
> http://www.ramblingwaffles.net/perlfix to
> automate the procedure.

Why?  Just follow the procedures outlined in /usr/ports/UPDATING and
you'll have an upgraded perl in no time.  You can even leave the old
version installed if you want, and switch between them using the
"use.perl" program.

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]