Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 15:50:03 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org, core@freebsd.org
Cc:        jhs@freebsd.org, n1epo4tl@ibmmail.com, velte@cdrom.com, gewt@ukc.ac.uk
Subject:   OEM Magazine, October 1995, Page 8, Column 2 - Unix Column Unbalanced

FreeBSD people,
For Your Info:
OEM Magazine, October 1995, Page 8, Column 2 has a letter I wrote
My letter basically :
	- Criticised a published article that placed reliance on
	  quantity of commercial Unix licenses sold, to predict the imminent
	  demise of Unix, in favour of NT.
	- Pointed at the thriving non commercial Unix variants, that need no
	  licenses, & that no manufacturer trumpets sales figures for.
	- Hyped _FreeBSD_ in particular & referenced
	    wcarchive@cdrom.com (as a FreeBSD host), http://www.freebsd.org ,
		    ^^^ (typo. in magazine, maybe from my original email)
	    sales@cdrom.com , & hackers@freebsd.org
There's also a reply from the chap who's OEM 7/8-95 OS feature I criticised.

I don't have machine readable copies (except perhaps on a backup tape)
but the magazine has a web page http:/tech-web.cmp.com/oem
(maybe it's there, haven't looked, bad net connection at present)

PS I suggest not stripping these CCs from this mail:
	jhs@freebsd.org & n1epo4tl@ibmmail.com	not on hackers list
	core@freebsd.org			some not on hackers list

Julian H. Stacey      EMAIL: jhs@freebsd.org  WEB: http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/
TEL:  +49.89.268616   FAX:   +49.89.2608126   CONSULTANT: Internet, Unix, C
POST:  Vector Systems Ltd, Holz Strasse 27d, 80469 Munich, Germany.