Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 11:41:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        Ghulum Dastgir <Ghulam_Dastgir@uk.ibm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: editor for vipw

In root's .profile file, enter:

EDITOR=/usr/local/bin/emacs; export EDITOR

Then you should be using the emacs editor.  Though it sounds like some
paths might be screwed up on your system if you have ee in /usr/bash.
/usr/bash is not a default binary directory.  Usually,

/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin

Should be in root's path (and optionally /stand, /usr/local/bin, and
/usr/X11R6/bin).

Joe Clarke