Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:59:03 -0500
From:      Charles Owens <cowens@greatbaysoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern/139654:  CD-boot failure on newer IBM server

--------------090406090007070503090905

Hello,

As detailed in the PR, we are unable to get FreeBSD (7.1) to boot with
an IBM System x3250 M2 server.  I'm not sure what steps to take next,
and would greatly appreciate assistance.

We've also submitted kern/139653 which deal with different hardware (HP)
and is not quite as critical (very poor performance, as opposed to
complete failure)... any suggestions with this also welcome.

PR links:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/139654
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/139653

Thanks very much,