Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:03:35 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        R.Inder@ed.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgraded to oblivion: Summary

From the keyboard of R.Inder@ed.ac.uk:

>   1) Contrary to Udo Schweigert's experience, the machine would still NOT
>      boot while the card was connected to the line.  Like release 70,
>      release 83 hung while attaching a driver to the first ISDN device.

This is really strange. Someone was reporting this for the ELSA PCI card
under NetBSD long ago, but neither Martin nor me were able to reproduce
this problem (and we both tried hard!) - this is the kind of problem, which
is only debuggable at the place where it occurs, i'm sorry!

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77