Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:40:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt White <mwhite@myrile.madriver.k12.oh.us>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   ServerWorks ServerSet III HE Chipset

FreeBSD SMP List;

I'm looking to build a new FreeBSD 4.1 server to replace our 3.5 server
that's getting beat to death every day. (And I must say, it responds to
the beating quite well!)

Right now I'm looking at possible boards and chipsets to use for a new
server, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experence, good or bad, with
the ServerWorks chipsets. I've searched the mailing list archives and
can't seem to find an answer. (But I did notice that this question comes
up every now and then!)

In particular I'm looking at the SuperMicro 370DL3 or 370DE6 boards. One
has the HE chipset, the other has the LE chipset.

Any comments, good or bad?

Thanks,
- Matt