Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 1997 20:46:12 -0500
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Vinay Kumar <vinay@agni.nuko.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with Soundblaster card

Vinay Kumar wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to set up the Mbone tools on my freebsd machine and am having
> trouble getting my soundcard to work (I know I should get Gravis, but I
> can't right now!!).
>
> I am running 2.1.5, Pentium 120Mhz, 32Mb ram.
>
> Here is the description of my sound card from the dmesg command:
>
> sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
> sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
> sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 5 on isa
> sbxvo0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
> sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
>  <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
>
> After the system comes up, I can cat audio files (au type) to /dev/audio
> and it plays for a second or so and then hangs. I can ctrl-c and cat
> again, but only for a second. Seems like a buffer problem. I don't know
> where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated...

If you have a printer port on the system at irq7, you might want to try
moving
the irq to 10. I'm also running drq3 because of a conflict with my
Wangtek
tape drive at drq1.

I'm running 2.1.6 and here's my config, for giggles...

sb0 at 0x220 irq 10 drq 3 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.11>
sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 5 on isa
sbxvo0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.11>