Date:      Fri, 11 May 2012 12:11:48 -0700
From:      Edward M <eam1edward@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UFS Crash and directories now missing

On 05/11/2012 10:47 AM, Chad Perrin wrote:
> Is there something else I should try to find in the index or table of
> contents that would be in the third edition but not the fourth?  Can you
> give me some examples of the sorts of things you'd expect to find in the
> table of contents that is lacking in the fourth edition but present in
> the third?
     Hi,:-)

    So far I think I found a few that may make a difference.   According
to  the "table of contents" in the 4th edition in the  chapter called
"Booting and shuting down it
    only shows entries for: red hat, HP-UX, AIX, SUSE,Ubuntu. However in
the third edition, show entries for FreeBSD's Booting and shuting down
process.
    And another  example is in the 4th edition the chapter called
"Adding new users", only mentions how to add users for:
     SUSE, Redhat Solaris HP-UX and AIX. However in the 3rd edition,
explains how to add users on  FreeBSD  and
     how FreeBSD's master.passwd file, login.conf. work,etc  The third
edition's chapter called
     "Drivers and the kernel" shows how to build a freebsd kernel,
create a BSD config file, tuning the freebsd kernel, add freebsd device
drivers,etc.
     I  was not able  to  find those entries in the the 4th editions
"Drivers and the kernel. chapter.    the 3rd editions  TCP/IP chapter
shows network config for freebsd.
    However in the table of contents of the 4th edition does not.  I'm
searching for a website that contains  the 3rd edition table of contents
so one can compare between
     the  two editions for better judgement.
      unfortunate,  those were a few examples i have time to point out.
I think may make a great difference.