Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2014 20:20:45 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Call for Testers] VirtualBox 4.3.6

On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 16:15:30 +0100
Bernhard Fr=C3=B6hlich <decke@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hi virtualbox users!
>=20
> Almost 10 weeks have passed since the last cft with 4.3.0 and we have
> made a lot of improvements since then so here we are to see what they
> are worth!
>=20
> I have already killed VirtualBox 4.1.x and prepared the tree for the
> upcoming commit of 4.3 which will happen hopefully very soon. The
> mess with FreeBSD 10.0 has also significantly improved and all
> relevant patches were committed to the official portstree.
> We have also pushed a lot of patches upstream already so the number
> of ports patches for 4.3 has decreased a bit.
>=20
> This release would not have been possible without the awesome
> feedback and help on emulation@ and all people that did send patches:
> Mikhail Tsatsenko, Peter Jeremy, David Morgan, Mario Lobo, Jung-uk
> Kim, Daniel Lorch, William Grzybowski, Volodymyr Kostyrko.
>=20
> If you are interested in helping with virtualbox maintenance and
> development or have noticed a bug you can easily find us on IRC.
>=20
> Changes in the Port:
> - Update to 4.3.6
> - Update phpvirtualbox to 4.3-1
> - Fix pulseaudio option
> - Adopt USES=3Dkmod
> - Convert USE_PYDISTUTILS=3Deasy_install to USE_PYDISTUTILS=3Dyes
> - Add USE_PYTHON_BUILD=3Dyes because if PYTHON option is disabled we
> could
> - Fix startup order of vboxnet and move NETWORKING to BEFORE section
> - Fix building with GCC from ports on 10 to correctly use libstdc++
> from GCC and not from base.
> - Add missing file to fix undefined symbol in kernel modules kernel:
> link_elf_obj: symbol RTThreadCtxHooksAreRegistered undefined
> - Disable stripping away RPATH on FreeBSD for Hardened-R3 binaries
> - kBuild: Replace hardcoded freebsd strings with KBUILD_TARGET in
> do-install
>=20
> Changes in VirtualBox 4.3:
> https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog
>=20
> VirtualBox 4.3.6 Ports:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~decke/virtualbox/virtualbox-cft-4.3.6-20140103=
.tar.gz
>=20
> IRC: #freebsd-vbox on Freenode
>=20
> Bernhard on behalf of the VirtualBox on FreeBSD Team!
>=20

Great news !!

Confirming perfect compilation and execution with 6 VMs up and running.

I opened a PR about the Novell problem:

https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/12516

No replies so far. I'll keep on trying to find out what=C5=9B wrong.

Thanks for the hard work Bernhard !!

--=20
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br
FreeBSD since 2.2.8 [not Pro-Audio.... YET!!] (99% winblows FREE)
=20
"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,=20
because that would also stop you from doing clever things."