Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 1995 14:03:34 +0100
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any hints from MH users of POP?

I'm using POP here and invoking it with:

	inc -noapop -truncate -host freefall.cdrom.com

Which works just fine, except for the fact that inc is no longer
"transparently", e.g. I can't just do an `i' from mh-e mode in emacs.

I've read the man page for `inc' many times, but there doesn't seem to
be any kind of `inc options' file, nor can I figure out a way of
typing in the password when running it from emacs anyway.

How do more frequent pop users deal with this?  I generally don't
use POP unless I'm in an unusual situation, as I am at the moment
in Ireland.. :-)

Also, on the subject of general authentication, does "popper" deal
with "APOP" and, if so, how do people generally configure it to send
the appropriate password?

Sorry for all these questions, but the documentation (which I have
indeed read!) that accompanys MH is rather sparse!

Thanks!

					Jordan