Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:56:36 +0000
From:      "Guilherme J. R. Oliveira" <guilherme@nortenet.pt>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   firewall/nat Web Hosting architecture

Hi !

I need to create a network serving virtual web hosting (which I'll have 2 public ip's) with these servers: apache, iis, bind, ftpd, sendmail and pop3.
It's possible to put all these servers (including the dns) behind a freebsd firewall/nat with 2 nics and 2 switchs to divide 2 networks ?

Example:

		          internet

		           router

	       	         firewall&nat

desktop1 -- switch --         |           -- switch -- bind,apache,ftpd
desktop2 --		  	                    -- sendmail,pop3,secondary_bind
						    -- iis,ftpd

I think it's possible using -redirect_port and -redirect_address but I shock with 2 (or more) problems:

- if the public ip's adress's will be served with bind then it must be installed in the same box as firewall&nat. True ? But I wish that bind stays behind the firewall.
- I have only 2 public ip's that must be assigned (i think) to bind and secondary_bind. How can I acess to iis and/or apache server independently from internet ?

Thanks.

--
mailto:guilherme@nortenet.pt || http://guilherme.host-valley.com/