Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 1997 23:26:38 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I rather see the tcp/ip stack fixed than vat patched

Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com> wrote:
>Bill care to comment?

For the first patch, I fail to see how adding a setsockopt to set
IP_MULTICAST_LOOP to its default value when creating a new socket
changes anything.  For the second patch, if that's how the kernel
behaves, then vat should deal with it and although the kernel should be
fixed, it makes sense to make vat deal with earlier kernels.  I don't
have a test machine available to me now, so if you want anything more
from me it'll have to wait until I get back to CA.

  Bill