Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:40:08 +0200
From:      Angelo Turetta <aturetta@commit.it>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   7.0-CURRENT-200608-amd64 sysinstall bug?

I'm trying to install the latest -CURRENT snapshot on a PC which won't
boot any other FreeBSD CD (any other ISO I found is missing the recent
nVidia MCP55 ATA fixes).

After slicing/labeling, and chosing the distribution to install,
sysinstall fails with a '/ disk full' error (ALT-F2 reveals that it was
trying to copy /stand to /mnt/stand)

Some more info: using sysinstall I created two slices, ad4s1 (10GB) FAT,
ad4s2 (30GB) FreeBSD. Then, inside ad4s2, I created a root FS (5GB) a
swap partition (3GB) and a /usr FS (the remainder of the slice 22GB)
I've not assigned any mountpoint to ad4s1 (the FAT partition). The newfs
and bootloader install was seemingly successfull (indeed, after a reboot
the existing filesystems are recognized).

Is there something other I should try? How could I use the fix-it
console to manually install the tarballs?

One more 'cosmetic'. I tried also installing on the slices created on a
previous attempt (without forcing a newfs in disklabel), and sysinstall
warned me that it was operating on a existing root filesystem, where it
expected to find the necessary /dev entries: Is this message still valid
now that /dev is a virtual filesystem?

Thanks for attention,

Angelo Turetta
Modena - Italy