Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:07:13 -0400
From:      Randall Stewart <rrs@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone play with divert sockets lately?

Randall Stewart wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Due to something I need to do at I had to bring
> up a couple of daemon's that use DIVERT sockets.
> So I grabbed my two test machines.. one runs
> 6.1 the other 7.0...
>
> I had not updated in a while... (the 7.0 machine).
> So anyway, I got everything configured.. started
> my router with the proper VRF's.. setup the
> tunnels ...
>
> the 6.1 machine came up fine..
>
> The 7.0 could not write into the tunnel... it
> is sending to addr.sin_addr.s_addr = 0 and getting
> error EACCESS back..
>
> So I cvsup to current as of today.. rebuild..
>
> and I get a bunch of:
>
> error's from the divert code.. and then a
> crash in kern_exec/kern_proc.c
>
> (system ran out of memory I think)..
>
> The system was constantly printing
>
> divert_packet: no divert tag
>
> Even after I got a listener up on the divert port...
>
> Hmm.. any hints would be nice...
>
> I will go dig around and look..

Well.. I did not see anything explicitly.. its interesting.
That message continually prints out... (as the router
sends in the packet I want diverted.. and there is
no listner)...

Now, when I start the daemon.. thats when the
memory leak begins.. I don't see mbuf's leaking
but the stats netstat shows the amount of
memory alloc'd to network is on the rise.. very
strange..

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222 (cell)