Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:43:32 -0400
From:      Gustavo Ayala Carrasquero <gayala@zeus.eniac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ifconfig and FreeBSD

	Hi!

	I am using FreeBSD 2.0.5 and need to assign many
IP addresses to a real interface. I tried with ifconfig
alias, but it shows me an error:

    ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

	The command line I used is something like:

    # ifconfig ed0 inet alias 206.98.182.77 netmask 255.255.255.0

	However, the alias was created, and the machine respond
to the new address, but I can't find how to look the aliases I
defined neither delete them. When I execute "ifconfig ed0"
there is no information about any aliases...
	Someone told me that the FreeBSD 2.1.0 works fine and
he have no problem using ifconfig aliases. Does this release fix
any bugs related to ifconfig alias?

				Thanks in advance...

				Gustavo Ayala Carrasquero
				gustavo.ayala@zeus.eniac.com