Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:19:40 -0400
From:      matt@csis.gvsu.edu
To:        Andre Gironda <andre@sun4c.net>
Cc:        goten@linux.sduteam.com, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Queston on secure syslogd

> Over the Internet, I'd be more likely to use scp, rsync, or CVSup
> even though I should probably use something better like IPSec or SNMPv3.

Things like scp that copy files won't deliver messages in (pseudo)
real-time. I don't know if this is a priority for the original poster.
The simplest solution is to use a syslogd that delivers over TCP and
send messages through an ssh tunnel.

btw, have you tried syslog-ng?
http://www.balabit.hu/products/syslog-ng/index.html

--
http://www.csis.gvsu.edu/matt
03 F8 23 C5 43 A2 F7 5A  24 49 F7 B0 3A F9 B1 7F