Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:54:55 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Alex Pilosov <alex@acecape.com>
Cc:        Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Subject:   Re: same interface Route Cache

Alex Pilosov wrote:

> You don't need to know the interface. You must route based on the source
> IP. I.E:
>
>       ISP A      ISP B
>         \         /
>          ra     rb
>           \     /
>           your router
>          (local)
>
> (ra and rb are respectively edge routers on ISP A and B's end connected to
> you).
>
> Note: On local network, you'll be essentially having two logical
> networks (different IPs, subnet, etc) on the same wire. Its not clean, but
> its perfectly supported.
>
> Now, assume you have IPs 11.1.1.* from ISP B, and 11.1.2.* from ISP B. You
> configure both IPs to machines on your 'local' network, and have something
> like this on the router:
> ipfw from 11.1.1.0 fwd ra
> ipfw from 11.1.2.0 fwd rb

this will do what you want for OUTGOING packets.
incoming packets will probably all come in on one network.

BTW you could do a more general rule by:
ipfw add 3 from any to 0.0.1.0:0.0.1.0 fwd ra out xmt ed0
ipfw add 4 from any to any fwb rb out xmt ed0

(if ed0 was the default)

> If this is not what you wanted to accomplish, please correct me.
>
> --
> --
> Alex Pilosov            | http://www.acecape.com/dsl
> CTO - Acecape, Inc.     | AceDSL:The best ADSL in Bell Atlantic area
> 325 W 38 St. Suite 1005 | (Stealth Marketing Works! :)
> New York, NY 10018      |

      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org
    (   OZ    ) World tour 2000-2001