Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:20:23 +0200
From:      Yury Tarasievich <grog@grsu.by>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPX, Netware functionality?

Is somebody still working on IPX, Netware functionality?

I'm having quite unexpected problems on 4.10-RELEASE when trying to
mount netware volumes.

In former 4-releases, I could a) add IPX+ef to kernel, b) recompile, c)
run IPXrouted and d) make ifconfig <if>f[0-3] ipx <net>, then everything
worked.

Now, I don't see <if>f[0-3] pseudo-interfaces anymore. ifconfig ipx,
however, works. After using it, I can have either one several (aliased)
ipx <net> entries in my ifconfig. And tcpdump confirms there *is* at
least SAP traffic from netware servers I'm interested in.

Now, everything netware-related fails with "protocol not supported"
diagnostic.

I digged a bit in ncplist, and found that the ipx listening socket fails
to receive anything with ETIMEDOUT. IPX socket not working??

Could anything be done?

Also, there's some peculiar logic in ipx addresses checking in libncp
routines, e.g., ipx_nullnet checking of host addrs. For my digging, I
had to circumvent it, as without doing so, perfectly reasonable
configuration just generated error, without even trying to listen to the
network.