Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:43:13 -0500
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing in cgi-bin

--q9KOos5vDmpwPx9o

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 01:33:15PM -0400, Jerry wrote:
> I have a Perl program that I am thinking of porting to FreeBSD. The
> program has to be installed in the 'cgi-bin'.=20
>=20
> I was thinking something like:
> "$(WWWDIR}/apache${APACHE_VERSION}/cgi-bin" might be the way to direct
> the install to the correct directory. Is there a better way? I cannot
> find a macro that directly references the cgi-bin.

We have a policy against installations that would automaticlly be on
the network.  You need to install it elsewhere (often a directory
under WWWDIR) and tell people how to add the appropriate configuration
directives to http.conf or to copy the file into cgi-bin in pkg-message.

-- Brooks

--q9KOos5vDmpwPx9o

--q9KOos5vDmpwPx9o--