Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:21:26 -0700
From:      John Nielsen <john@jnielsen.net>
To:        "Vladislav V. Zhuk" <admin@dru.dn.ua>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW2 and FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p2 #0: Sun Nov 17 19:25:19

On Monday 18 November 2002 14:26, Vladislav V. Zhuk wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I added "options IPFW2" to my kernel config, and "IPFW2=3DTRUE"
> to /etc/make.conf, cvsuped to RELENG_4_7.
> Make and install world/kernel, run mergemaster.
> After update (I did this routinely) IPFW don't forward packets.
> Divert, allow, deny, reject - all work fine, fwd don't work.
>
> What can I do to use forward in IPFW2 ??
> Help!!!

This is a known bug that, unfortunately, was not fixed before the release=
 of=20
4.7.  There is a patch that addresses the fwd issue, but I can't find it =
at=20
the moment.  What I have done on my machines that use ipfw2 is import the=
=20
updated code from -stable.  I did so at Luigi Rizzo's (the code author)=20
suggestion, and it works fine.  Just grab src/sys/netinet/ip_fw* and=20
src/sbin/ipfw/* from -STABLE.

JN