Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:28:56 +0000
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=DE=F3r=F0ur_=CDvar_Bj=F6rnsson?= <thib@heimsnet.is>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   A question or maybe a request or something or other

First of all I would like to point out that I have always had a hard time finding subjects for my email's. :>

I have been preparing myself to dive into GEOM/GBDE ( Maybe even a little code munching when the time comes)

I was reading phk@ gbde paper ( wich he presented at bsdcon03 ) and I had an idea, I think that alot of other people have had the same idea but I have not seen it discussed anywhere. Now to the meat of it, I was wondering if there would be an option for setting a passphrase whom would initiate a self descrut sequence ( destroying  all data on a particular disk when entered or even just a portion of the data on that disk ). This would be a fisable option in a real world situation if an attacker is putting pressure on somebody to give up the passphrase ( Well the victim might end up with a 9mm through his skull in a worst case scenario ) but still.

Anyway this is just a thougt and I would like a comment about this or even I pointer if this already exists or is on the development schedule and if so I will have to get more friendly with google.

--
Thordur Ivar	thib@{heimsnet.is,bitcode.org}
FreeBSD and Unix since 2001!