Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 1995 20:17:13 +0200
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        Mark Hittinger <bugs@freebsd.netcom.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-current-stable ??? (fwd)

   Perhaps we need a 2.1-stable, 2.2-performance, and a 2.3-boom :-)  2.3-boom
   could be the new wild west :-)  I know there is a disk space issue.

The problem is that people are committing broken code into source tree
without testing it.  There should never be need for more than two threads,
one which is being stabilized and one development.  Both of them should be
workable when checked out.  As CVS makes doing separate testing trees easy,
there should be no reason for untested code ever be committed?

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@clinet.fi  work +358-0-4375209 fax -4555276 home -8031121