Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:34:05 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, peter@netplex.com.au
Subject:   Re: more amd hangs: problem really in syslog?

> 	After pounding on this some more with today's -current (prior to
> the  MNT_ASYNC flag change) I got a lot more lockups that looked like
> this:
>
> On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Doug wrote:
>
> > 	Ok, got another hang in "siobi" state (this time after it
> > successfully completed the script). Here is the trace:

'siobi' is in sioopen() in the sio driver.  The callout device is
already open, but the caller is trying to open it in blocking mode.
It'd be useful to know what is hanging in 'siobi' here, since trying to
re-open the console is a bit of a suspicious action.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org