Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 2002 02:12:40 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        tony@saign.com, chris@konger.net, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wep and wi_seek errors

I think I was wrong. I am running a RELENG_4_6 kernel right now in that
machine, and at the time, it *seemed* like the problem went away, but
the backups are running right now, and the card is going insane. I've
had to ifconfig it down just to type this. Doing so took 30 seconds, and
even now it occasionally freezes for a few seconds at a time.

I can't just turn off WEP. WEP may not be secure, but it is an implied
"no tresspassing" sign. Without it, I can't claim that someone who
associates with my network should have known they weren't welcome.