Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:02:58 +0200
From:      Borghesi Guilhem <borghesi@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic : trap : data access error with maxproc limits with FreeBSD 5.3 on SUN E450

Hello,

Few days ago, I've posted a problem on a Sun Sparc64 E450 with FreeBSD
5.3 Beta7 on it.

The problem was that when a user reaches the top limit of processes
numbers (5547 by default), the server crashes with "panic: trap: data
access error" message and then go for reboot.
The program use to test it was a simple "forkbomb".

I've found where the problem comes from. When I tried to make a trace
bug with a notebook on the serial port, I've never managed to make it
crash again. And then I tried to boot without video card and the trouble
goes away.

I know that it sounds weird but it was the only way to make it works
normally...

The card is a PCI RAPTOR GFX (-06 REV.50)

Well, maybe there's a driver trouble... Anyway, for the moment I'm using
  my "old-friend" VT100 and it works without any problem.

Thanks for those who tried to find an answer to this strange bug !

Guilhem

--
Guilhem BORGHESI		 Tel : 03 90 24 02 09
Departement d'Informatique	 Fax : 03 90 24 03 29