Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2012 19:57:10 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPv6 Link Local Addresses

With FreeBSD 9.1-RC2 you can assign the same link local address manually =
to two different hosts on the same network.  The Neighbor Solicitations =
are not responded to and you end up with non-working addresses.  The =
simple way to reproduce this is to boot two systems on the same network =
and get the link local for system 1.  Shut it off and manually assign =
that address to system 2.  Then boot system 1.  System 1 will send the =
Neighbor Solicitation but system 2 will not respond to show that address =
is in use so system 1 uses the duplicate address.

Even more interesting, I have another system, 9.1-RC2, that when it =
comes up never sends the Neighbor Solication.  It just starts using the =
link local address.  I can't find any significant differences between =
those two systems other that the first was a direct install from the CD =
and the second was a freebsd-update from 9.1-RC1.

Should I send a PR or is this a known issue?=