Date:      Wed, 04 Jun 1997 11:14:34 +0200
From:      Philipp Reichmuth <chokepnt@prima.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Staying stable via CTM

Dear Mr. "FreeBSD-questions"! ;)

In the "FreeBSD-stable" section, the handbook speaks of staying stable
using CTM via e-mail; in the CTM section, however, it merely states that
CTM is intended to provide daily FreeBSD-current updates.

My question is:

(1) Can I actually obtain FreeBSD-stable (or FreeBSD-RELEASE, as I
presume they're smaller because published more frequently and I don't
actually need a 100% stable system) via CTM?

(2) How do I do it? (which CTM mailing list, which base tree)

Ah, and BTW there's a few other questions i'd like to ask:

(3) I've got the Walnut Creek 2.1.7 CDROM - can I use the base delta on
the 2nd CD (the one with the ports) to start off with CTM (i.e. can I
still get the deltas from 2.1.7 to 2.2.x-whatever?)

(4) Does it make sense? (i.e. if the base delta for 2.2.x is 30 MB and
the deltas is 50 MB, it would be quite foolish and a waste of money
since telephone costs aren't actually fun over here in Germany)

Thanks & yours

Philipp Reichmuth