Date:      22 Oct 1999 16:13:22 -0400
From:      "Robert V. Baron" <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall tweak

Suppose I need to install on a bunch of machines.  What I'd do, is
install once, get all the pieces/ports/customizations right and then
make a tarball of the system.  To install the next machine, I'd use
sysinstall to partition and label the new machine and then just nfs
mount the machine with the tarball, unroll it and just fix rc.conf as
necessary.  But when you go this way, there are no commands available
available at the holographic shell.  Could this be fixed by letting
the commands be linked/copied into the chroot env?
(As a workaround I just put a good copy of tar with the tarball in
nfs, and used that tar.)