Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:34:41 +0900 (JST)
From:      MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
To:        flo@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd@psconsult.nl
Subject:   Re: if_bridge stops when running virtualbox 4.1.8

Hi,

Thank you for your information.

Now I can use both VirtualBox and WI-FI HOSTAP mode.
I refered below URL for TAP setup.

1. load kernel modules
kldload /boot/kernel/if_bridge.ko
kldload /boot/kernel/if_tap.ko

2. setup tap interface
sysctl net.link.tap.user_open=1
chown root:vboxusers /dev/tap0
chmod 660 /dev/tap0

3. create tap interface and bridge interface
 - I use bridge1 for tap, because I use bridge0 for WI-FI HOSTAP
 - net0 is for my ehternet network

ifconfig bridge1 create
ifconfig bridge1 addm net0
ifconfig tap0 192.168.1.111 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig bridge1 addm tap0
ifconfig bridge1 up

4. start virtualbox and change bridge adapter to tap0

5. enable WI-FI with src/tools/tools/net80211/scripts/setup.wpa2

/ Florian