Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:10:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New combo patch avail

    A new combo patch is now avaiable:

	http://www.backplane.com/FreeBSD4/
	first section, multipatch-2.diff hotlink.

    The fixes are too numerous to mention.  Portions of the patch may be
    committed by Alan or dg at any time so anyone who uses the above should
    beware.  Also included is other work discussed by Alan, DG, and I, not
    classified as a 'bug fix', such as the removal of vnode->v_lastr.

    This patch should be considered experimental, mainly due to the BOOTP
    related patches which mess around with the rootfsid.

    There may be slight (temporary) degredation in I/O performance due
    to lack of tuning of the new sequential detection code.

    The patch includes everything not committed to date including bug fixes
    to NFS, VN, CCD, BOOTP, mmap/dirty lockups, and so on.  Performance
    improvements to NFS, mmap (faults), and certain filesystem I/O ops have
    also been made.

						-Matt