Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 03:06:01 -0700
From:      "Paul M. Lambert" <plambert@pinky.magiclemurs.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAO necessary for Tecra 8000?

I've got a Toshiba Tecra 8000, and am looking for ways to make it happier.

Right now, I'm using the PAO 3.2 distribution.

On most of my machines, I typically try to keep up with -STABLE; it'd be
really nice if I could use the stock -STABLE on the Tecra, but I didn't
even try it yet.

Before I wipe the thing clean and start over, can anyone tell me if
they've had success installing 3.2 on a Tecra 8000?

Specifically, I need to be able to have apm work in a reasonable fashion
(i.e. sleep/return from sleep), and I would also really really like to
have the pccardd working.  Both of these seem to work fine with my
current installation, but if I can avoid a separate branch, I'd
appreciate it.

Anyone out there have experience with the Tecra 8000?  It'd be great
to hear someone else's experiences.  My entire company uses them, and
a lot of people would like to run FreeBSD but haven't bothered yet.  If
I can work out the quirks for myself, I can make it much easier on them,
too.

Thanks!

--Paul L.