Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 00:04:57 +0100
From:      Torri Mahncke <torri@on-line.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can't build a kernel

Can anybody tell me how to solve the following:

   touch hack.c
    cc -elf -shared -nostdlib hack.c -o hack.So
    rm -f hack.c
    sh ../../conf/newvers.sh GASTON
    cc -c -O -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit
-Wnested-externs
        -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith
-Winline
        -Wuninitialized -Wformat -Wunused  -fformat-extensions -ansi
        -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I../../../include  -DKERNEL
-DVM_STACK
        -include opt_global.h -elf  vers.c
    ld: invalid argument to -T
    *** Error code 1

    Stop.

I'm trying to compile under FreeBSD 3.3 and I am using a current
/usr/sbin/config.
This error does not seem to be linked to my kernel config file, since
the same
error applies when trying to compile a GENERIC kernel.

Thanks for any help,
Torri Mahncke