Date:      Tue, 03 Oct 2000 22:23:24 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: politeness

Brett Glass wrote:

> At 03:53 AM 10/3/2000, Wes Peters wrote:
>
> >> Everyone has a right to write to the list and share his thoughts.
> >
> >No, the list has a charter.  This is a republic, not a democracy.
>
> Does that mean that to get something posted to the list, I need to
> contact my representative...

No, it means the list has a purpose and off-topic rants don't belong here.
This thread long since crossed that line, you know this just as well as I
do, and yet you continue the rant publicly.  I'll not be among those
voting to twist your squelch knob, because I've just stuck you back in my
personal black-hole filter.  You're an ass of the first order and I will
not waste my time conversing with you for some time to come.